Tuesday 16 November 2010

How sustainable is my lifestyle?

Many people live different lifestyles, and are not aware of the implication of their action on the environment. For example people that live in undeveloped countries have less knowledge of how their actions can affect the environment. Whereas some people do but chose not to acknowledge it, people who live in developed countries have the knowledge but they chose not to do anything about it.
There are only a few people that are willing to do something to change the environment.  Although I am aware of the implications of my action has on the environment, I choose to little to help change the environment. I try my best to switch off the lights, cooker, iron and taps when I finish using them. I also try to get more information on how I can be more sustainable, and others thing I can do to help the environment.
The government has developed different strategies to help people become more sustainable.  Within my house hold we use energy saving light, as the years have gone on many people have started to use more of these bulbs. They use up 80 per cent less electricity than a standard bulb, but produce the same amount of light. By using theses lights it helps people save money as well as help the environment. I try to recycle as much as I can. In addition I try to walk rather than taking the bus or a car.
The way people live their lives is having a major impact on the environment; the amount of co2 is growing by the day. There has been an escalating loss of biodiversity, from the rainforest to fish stocks. This is causing most of the animals to lose their home. The governments are trying to get more people to use less waste. As time as gone by it has become more obvious that humans are the reason why we have this problem, and it is up to us to solve this issue. I would like to do more to help change the environment, by doing more than I already do. 

References





2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that many people in developed countries have more of an understanding about the effects we are having on our planet but do you honestly think people will chose to walk to places if they have the choice to drive? I believe the government needs to give more direct orders for example, banning the production of ordinary light bulbs or limit the amount of energy each household can have. If you give people options they will always chose the easy way but take away these choices and people will have to change their lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i think it all depends on the area that a person lives in, and your right about the government. but i think they should work on the areas that are more sustainable, then find ways of dealing with other that are not sustainable. they should enforce a law stating that it is a against the law not to recycle

    ReplyDelete